PoliTechs Ramblings

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Airbus tests in-flight mobile phones

I know this idea has been floating around for a while, and now it looks like Airbus wants to make it happen.

Personally, I don't feel the need for phone access in flight. I am sure it might serve a business purpose, but what I would much rather have is affordable wireless access on planes. In flight phone calls would only be a way to pass time for me, and I would much rather do that on the Internet. Not to mention with something like Skype you could do both with just the wireless Internet. Granted this article discusses both, I am just saying if they need to focus on which one to really make work, I think it should be Internet.

The technology here is not what I am looking for, how hard can it be? What I want to see is how much it costs. I really feel that no matter how advanced your technology is, if you can't make it available to the masses by making it affordable, than it is simply a technology demonstrator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home